Safety and security
Swinburne provides a safe work and learning environment for all our students, staff and visitors. Our campuses offer security services, including CCTV and security officers on campus 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Dial 000 for police, ambulance and fire brigade.
- Call campus security on 03 9214 3333.
- Find our emergency assembly areas.
- Security escort service – A security officer will walk you to your car. Call 03 9214 3333 to arrange a security escort.
- Hawthorn Night Bus – Get to a nearby carpark or public transport at night safely.
- Lost property – If you have misplaced personal items, please contact your campus security office.
Campus security offices
Hawthorn campus: Building 1A, entry alongside the Glenferrie Railway Station
Croydon campus: Building CO, entry from Norton Road. Near Gate 1A
Wantirna campus: Building WF
Safety tips around campus
- Always be alert and aware of your surroundings. If you are using headphones, only use one earplug so you can hear sounds around you.
- Keep your valuables with you at all times.
- Walk in well-lit areas in pairs or groups if possible. Use the security escort service or the Night Bus to get to public transport or your car safely.
- Avoid parking your car in an isolated area. Close and lock all doors and windows and don’t leave valuables in sight in your car.