We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated students to join our Student Ambassador program in 2018.
Student Ambassadors act as representatives of the University. You’ll have the opportunity to become a valued member of the Marketing and Future Students team, working alongside Swinburne staff at a range of events throughout the year, including:
- conducting campus tours
- visiting secondary schools
- meeting with prospective students.
Benefits of the program
Participating in the Student Ambassador program provides a range of benefits:
- earn $30 per hour
- receive training in effective communication, presenting and public speaking
- meet students from across the university and attend ambassador social events
- gain work experience and take advantage of networking opportunities
- receive recognition towards the Swinburne Emerging Leaders Award program.
Selection will be based on the following criteria.
Essential skills and experience
- Successful completion of the first year of your Swinburne course.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including relationship building and teamwork, public speaking and written skills.
- Proven time management and organisation skills.
- Ability to positively represent and promote Swinburne University of Technology.
Desirable skills and experience
- Demonstrated involvement with and/or contribution to Swinburne University of Technology, your secondary school or local community; for example, as a student mentor, volunteer or tutor, or participation in sport, music or theatre activities.
- Previous experience in public speaking or as a contact point for prospective students.