Achievement Cleaning Humanitarian Welcome Scholarship
Achievement Cleaning is committed to helping humanitarian visa holders in Australia. The University currently has a significant student population of students who identify as being enrolled under a humanitarian visa. This humanitarian welcome scholarship is designed to support commencing students holding a humanitarian visa in a Diploma or Advanced Diploma Course.
Diploma or Advanced Diploma Courses offered by Swinburne University of Technology
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Achievement Cleaning Humanitarian Welcome Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2021
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Provide a personal statement (300 words) addressing the following points:
- any social or economic disadvantage
- involvement in the community (including leadership potential)
- how you intend to contribute to your community in the future
- Provide evidence to support your application and personal statement. Such as:
- Financial hardship (Centrelink statement, payslips. Bank statements can be used if an explanation is provided in a personal statement)
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa status, and
- Extra-curricular service to community
This scholarship is valued at $3000 for one year only. There are 2 scholarships available to be awarded.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application and submit with all supporting documentation by 28 March 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships and Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services