Australia Awards Scholarship
Swinburne has been involved in the Australia Awards scholarship program for over 15 years. Currently, there are more than 30 Australia Award students enrolled at the university.
The Australia Awards are scholarships funded by the Australian Government that aim to promote knowledge, education links and enduring ties between Australia and its neighbours.
They provide opportunities for people from eligible countries to undertake full time undergraduate, postgraduate or TAFE study at Swinburne.
Applicants who want to accept an Australia Awards Scholarship will need to sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia declaring that they will comply with the conditions of the scholarship. Awardees are required to leave Australia for a minimum of two years after completing their scholarship. Failure to do so will result in the awardee incurring a debt for the total accrued cost of their scholarship. View scholarships conditions for Australia Awards Scholarship.
If you are applying to undertake research as part of a Master or PhD program, find out more about our 15 designated research centres where you could complete your research.
Eligibility / selection criteria
All eligibility/selection criteria are listed on the participating country profiles.
Australia Awards scholarships are comprehensive and include a number of different benefits and entitlements.
Key entitlements are the establishment allowance, a daily contribution to living expenses, tuition fees, mobilisation and completion travel and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
How to apply
Before you apply, read our suggested application timeline:
- January – April: Apply to Australia Awards in your home country (List Swinburne as your 1st preference)
- April – August: Australia Awards applications assessed
- August: Australia Awards sends placement requests to institutions for shortlisted applicants
- September – October: Institutions make course offers to Australia Awards. Australia Awards liaises with successful applicants and issues offer contracts to students
- October – December: Pre-departure arrangements (pre-departure seminar in your home country, visas, flights, temporary accommodation)
- January: Depart for Melbourne (Introductory Academic Program commencement)
- March: Main course commencement
Then, follow these three steps to apply for an Australia Awards scholarship:
If you wish to undertake research as part of a master degree or PhD program, read about Swinburne’s designated research centres where you could complete your research.
Submit your application to the Australia Awards office in your home country.
Strict application deadlines apply. We encourage you to apply early.
If you require assistance with your application or want to learn more about the Australia Awards program at Swinburne, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Swinburne provides Australia Awards scholarship recipients comprehensive arrival services and support. Read our guide here.
For course related information, please submit an online enquiry.