Swinburne Design Factory end of Year Gala shows off innovative design thinking
- The Swinburne Design Factory Gala is held once a year
- It showcases students' final concepts for products and services for their specific industry partners
- The Swinburne Design Factory is an honours year program
After spending twelve months working closely with their chosen industry partners, Swinburne Design Factory students will present their final concepts for a range of products and services at their End of Year Gala on Friday 20 November.
Working in multi-disciplinary teams of students from backgrounds including business, design, engineering and ICT, the projects include:
- A concept for a ‘smart’ room, designed to reduce patient falls in hospitals. Working in partnership with Alfred Health, the smart patient room moves away from the traditional medical model to focus on patients’ emotional states and feelings of social connectedness.
- A solution for making cyber-security a tangible issue, by creating a series of design solutions tangible. Working in close collaboration with ANZ, the students were able to integrate e-safety and trust into day-to-day experiences and conversations for staff and customers.
- An alternative approach to the way that universities around Australia could be structured, to better meet the needs of students. Partnering up with Cisco, the students have used convergence to address the significant number of isolated students on campus by encouraging teamwork in an engaging space.
The Swinburne Design Factory is an honours year program that brings together students, researchers, industry partners and entrepreneurs to solve complex problems and generate innovative solutions.
The program empowers interdisciplinary teams of students to engage in highly intensive collaborative projects with professional industry partners and to develop innovative and holistic solutions in Australia and Internationally.
Find out more about the Swinburne Design Factory Gala.
Media enquiries0455 502 999