University of Surrey
Swinburne has a student exchange arrangement with University of Surrey. Learn more about courses available, semester dates, credit equivalency and how to apply.
University of Surrey
Guilford, Surrey, UK
Autumn: September – December
Spring: February – May
Important information for exchange students
How to apply.
Please note the following:
- This institution is a competitive destination and has a minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Exchange students are expected to take a full-time load of 4 modules per semester (not allowed to take just 3)
- Undergraduate exchange only (postgraduate not possible)
Courses available for exchange students
- Recommended for Psychology
- Not recommended for Film Studies or Film & Television students unless there is flexibility with Media/English units.
- When selecting modules at Surrey, students must take courses that relate to their main degree programme. While Surrey allows for some flexibility in this if needed, e.g. taking one module outside of main area, you will need to select the majority of your modules from an area that you have experience within. For example - Surrey would recommend against non- economics students taking economics modules
- Students can use their electives to select modules from other subject areas, but in most cases, these will need to be a first year module
60 credits points = 50 CP
45 credit points = 37.5 CP
Apply for accommodation with your student ID from Surrey Offer. The Accommodation Office will confirm room allocation with student one month prior semester commence.
Find out more
Check out the University of Surrey website for more information.
Important information on UK Immigration Health Surcharge
From 6 April 2016 Australians or New Zealanders who are planning to spend more than six months in the UK, or who are applying from within the UK to extend their stay, will be required to pay a £200 per annum surcharge as part of their application. Refer to the UK Healthcare Immigration Application website for more information.
Please note, we have a very limited number of exchange places available each semester for this partner.