Explore all that Seoul has to offer as one of the fastest evolving design hubs in Asia. At the forefront of design and innovation, Seoul is home to global players, giving you hands-on industry experience.
- Destination: Seoul, Korea
- Dates: 30 June - 14 July 2024 (tentative dates)
- Cost: To be confirmed
- Funding available: New Colombo Plan Mobility Grants (amounts TBC) and OS-HELP Loans available for eligible students
- Eligible students: Undergraduate
- Applications close: 31 March 2024
This Study Tour provides an exciting industry linked project opportunity for students to engage with Korean industry partners such as Hyundai Motors, Samsung and LG. Working with Industrial Design students from our partner University, you will advance your knowledge and skills in design while working on a common future eco-friendly mobility design project.
The tour caters to students from the Industrial and Product Design disciplines and will expose you to global networking opportunities in the field of design.
You will also connect with local Korean students through Swinburne’s partner institution Hongik University and participate in cultural experiences run through Hongik’s summer program.
You will be expose to global design network opportunities working together on a future eco-friendly mobility design project with HongIk University students and meeting Korean industry experts from Hyundai Motors, Samsung and LG.
- Special lectures by Korean industries (Hyundai Motors, Samsung, LG…)
- Exciting design excursions to R&D Centre
- Design workshops, such as 3DSketching software ‘Feathers’
Seoul, South Korea
Which unit/s can this program be taken for as credit?
Can this unit be taken as an elective by students in any Swinburne degree?
Eligibility and selection criteria
- UG Industrial Design and Product Design Engineering (3rd and 4th year students)