We’re committed to the health and safety of our contractors, suppliers, vendors and visitors. Learn more about our induction requirements and guidelines.
All contractors working on Swinburne sites must:
- undertake an induction program prior to commencing work to familiarise themselves with the health and safety requirements at Swinburne
- report to the Facilities and Services office (or Security if after hours) to obtain a contractor pass before starting any work
- where applicable, return temporary or visitor's passes at the end of each workday
- have systems and procedures in place to ensure their work does not impact the health and safety of those around them
- be appropriately licensed and have the relevant competencies to undertake the activities for which they have been engaged
- ensure plant and equipment brought on site is licensed, registered and maintained
- undertake and document risk assessments or job safety analyses (JSAs) for works performed
- wear their contractor pass at all times.
Contractors must renew their induction each calendar year or at any time on request by Swinburne University of Technology personnel.
Follow the steps below to obtain your contractor access prior to commencing works:
- Complete the online induction via this link using the login details: Induction (username) and Swin10 (password)
- At the completion of the induction module, you will be required to successfully pass a series of questions based on the content provided in the module.
- You will be provided with your contractors pass from the Facilities and Services office upon satisfactory completion of the induction module and presentation of your valid Employee Working with Children card.
Please find attached a copy of the contractor induction module for future reference Occupational Health and Safety Online Induction Program for Contractors & Suppliers [PDF 2.2MB]
Facilities and services offices are located on all of our campuses:
- Hawthorn, 1A building, 1 Alfred Street (adjacent to Glenferrie Railway Station)
- Croydon, CO building (enter from Norton Rd via gate 1A)
- Wantirna, WF building, room 432
Suppliers, vendors and visitors induction
Suppliers, vendors and visitors attending a Swinburne site must complete a health and safety induction prior to attending campus.
The induction is designed to provide relevant health and safety information to suppliers, vendors and visitors engaged to perform work or visit any Swinburne campus.
Inductions must be renewed each calendar year or as directed by Swinburne personnel.
- a supplier, vendor or visitor will be conducting work alone, unsupervised or without a Swinburne staff escort
- a supplier or vendor will be on campus to supervise their employees or subcontractors.
- Read the supplier, vendor and visitor induction module
- Test your knowledge with a set of 10 questions. 9 must be answered correctly.
- Submit your details for our records.
- An email will be sent to you for your records.
- Forward the email confirming you have successfully completed the induction to your Swinburne contact.