Experience the adventure and excitement of studying one or two semesters in the incredible city of Melbourne and explore Australia through our Student Exchange program.
Love the idea of studying in Australia? Experience the unique student lifestyle that studying in one of the most vibrant, cosmopolitan and entertaining cities in the world has to offer through the Swinburne Student Exchange program.
Student Exchange program details
To be eligible for the Student Exchange program, you must:
- currently enrolled at one of our partner universities
- completed a year of university study
- US students need a GPA of 2.6 or higher
- Mexican students need a minimum GPA of 70%
- if you choose design or film and television units you are required to submit a portfolio with your application showcasing work of an appropriate standard
- Certified English proficiency (for students enrolled at an institution teaching in languages other than English). Refer to our international student application pages for the level of English ability required: English language tests and alternative English language entry.
Four units (subjects) per semester.
You will need to pay your own living expenses including food, bills, transport, books and stationery. To get an idea on the cost of living in Melbourne, check out this article (you can even change the costs into your own currency).
- Semester 1 (February – June) deadline: 1 October
- Semester 2 (July – November) deadline: 1 April