Experience the adventure and excitement of studying one or two semesters in the incredible city of Melbourne and explore Australia through our Student Exchange Program.
Love the idea of studying in Australia? Experience the unique student lifestyle that studying in one of the most vibrant, cosmopolitan and entertaining cities in the world has to offer through the Swinburne Student Exchange Program.
Crowds flock to Melbourne's Flinders Street Station for the White Night light projection festival in 2014.
The Student Exchange Program allows you to experience studying in Australia for one or two semesters. You can begin your studies in either Semester 1 (March–June) or Semester 2 (August–November).
- To be eligible for the Student Exchange Program, you must:
- be currently enrolled at one of our partner universities
- have completed a year of university study
- US students need a minimum GPA of 2.6.
- Mexican students need a minimum GPA of 70 percent.
- If you choose design or film and TV units, you are required to submit a portfolio with your application showcasing work of an appropriate standard.
- If you are enrolled at an institution teaching in languages other than English, you must meet the minimum English language requirements.
Four units (subjects) per semester.
- Semester 1 (February–June) deadline: 1 October
- Semester 2 (July–November) deadline: 1 April