Experience the adventure and excitement of studying one or two semesters in the incredible city of Melbourne and explore Australia through our Student Exchange Program.
Love the idea of studying in Australia? Experience the unique student lifestyle that studying in one of the most vibrant, cosmopolitan and entertaining cities in the world has to offer through Swinburne's Student Exchange Program.
It's a great time to study at Swinburne – what will you discover?
The Student Exchange Program allows you to experience studying in Melbourne for one or two semesters. You can begin your studies at Swinburne in either Semester 1 (February–June) or Semester 2 (July–November).
To be eligible for the Student Exchange Program, you must:
- be currently enrolled at one of our partner universities
- have completed a year of university study
If you are enrolled at an institution teaching in languages other than English, you must meet the minimum English language requirements.
Additional requirements (if applicable):
- US students need a minimum GPA of 2.6
- Mexican students need a minimum GPA of 70 percent
If you choose Design or Film and TV units, you are required to submit a portfolio with your application showcasing work of an appropriate standard.
Students are permitted to study a minimum of 37.5 credit points or a maximum of 50 credit points per semester – usually 3 or 4 units (subjects) per semester.
- Semester 1 (February–June) deadline: 1 October
- Semester 2 (July–November) deadline: 1 April
- Semester 1 (February–June) deadline: 31 October
- Semester 2 (July–November) deadline: 30 April