Give your students a taste of the future.
At Swinburne, we welcome students in Year 9 and 10 to participate in work experience at the university. These one-week placements give students the opportunity to:
- develop employability skills
- explore possible career options
- understand employer expectations
- build self-understanding, maturity, independence and self-confidence.
Students will learn about:
- DNA, PCR, electrophoresis
- cell culture
- organic chemistry and analytical instruments
- materials characterisation
- confocal and fluoro microscopy
- microbiology streaking, gram stain, and ID of colonies.
Applications for the 2022 biotechnology and biochemistry program are now closed. For further information you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the program will likely take place on the week of the 27th June 2022.
Students will have a chance to:
- search for pulsar signatures in radio observations
- classify galaxy morphologies
- identify strong gravitational lenses
- search for peculiar motions in simulated galaxy mergers
- produce visualisations of galaxies and galaxy groups
- participate in real-time remote observations
- attend scientific talks and group meetings
- prepare teaching materials.
Applications for the 2022 astrophysics program are open from 1 January 2022. To apply to participate in the program, please send your cover letter, resume and available dates to CASworkexperience@swinburne.edu.au.