Give your students a taste of the future.
At, Swinburne we welcome students in Year 9 and 10 to participate in work experience at the university. These one-week placements give students the opportunity to:
- develop employability skills
- explore possible career options
- understand employer expectations, and
- build self-understanding, maturity, independence and self-confidence.
Spaces are limited, so make sure your students send through their applications by 31st January 2020.
More information on our work experience program at the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology is available below.
Students will learn:
- To build electronic circuit prototypes
- 3D printing
- Laser cutting
- Microcontroller programing
- Sorting and testing of teaching equipment
- Cataloguing and filing
*Placements for Robotics and Mechatronics work experience 2020 are now full. Please apply again in 2021*
Students will learn about:
- DNA, PCR, electrophoresis
- Cell culture
- Organic chemistry and analytical instruments
- Materials characterisation
- Confocal and fluoro microscopy
- Microbiology streaking, gram stain, and ID of colonies.
*Placements for Biotechnology and Biochemistry work experience 2020 are now full. Please apply again in 2021*
Students will have a chance to:
- Searching for pulsar signatures in radio observations
- Classifying galaxy morphologies
- Identifying strong gravitational lenses
- Searching for peculiar motions in simulated galaxy mergers
- Producing visualisations of galaxies and galaxy groups
- Participating in real-time remote observations
- Attending scientific talks and group meetings
- Preparing teaching materials
Placements for Astronomy and Astrophysics work experience 2020 are now full. If you are interested in applying for work experience for 2021, please e-mail a cover letter, resume and available dates to Emma Barnett: email@example.com.