Working with our enthusiastic and eager accreditation placement students can be a great way to inject new insights and perspectives into your organisation, and can help your team achieve their goals during a busy time period.
Professional experience placements are a mandatory component of teacher education courses. Each course stipulates the number of placement days that must be completed each year of the course, which is a requirement for registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching.
For undergraduate students, this will be no fewer than 80 hours and no fewer than 60 hours for postgraduate.
Placements occur during the semester and provide an essential link between theory and practice. The experience underpins the theoretical and pedagogical knowledge taught in the education units.
Contact the Professional Experience Manager to find out how to engage with our education students by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undergraduate engineering students must complete a minimum of 12 weeks approved, relevant experience before graduation.
Placements can be paid or unpaid in an engineering environment. The experience provides students with an opportunity to apply their studies in engineering practice.
Contact us for more information on engaging with our engineering students across a broad range of specialisations. We have students in disciplines including civil and construction, mechanical, electronic and electrical, and robotics and mechatronics.
Email the professional placements team for more information email@example.com.
Health placements are mandatory for some undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
If you’re looking to take on a nursing or exercise and sports science accreditation placement student (undergraduate), the following placements requirements apply:
- Bachelor of Nursing. Our students must complete a minimum of 800 hours of placement during the course to be eligible for graduation and registration.
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science. Students must complete 140 hours of placement in year three of their course.
If you’re looking to work with an accreditation placement student studying a health postgraduate course, the following placement requirements apply:
- Master of Occupational Therapy. Students must complete three blocks of placement during the two-year course, for a total of 1000 hours of placement.
- Post Graduate Psychology. Students must complete between 60 and 200 days of placement depending on exact course requirements.
- Master of Dietetics. Students must complete four five-week placement blocks in the second year of your course, totalling 100 days of placement.
- Master of Physiotherapy. Students must complete 1000 hours of placements over the course which includes block placements and work integrated learning.
- Master of Counselling. Students must undertake 120 client contact hours of placement in year 2 and 3 of the course.
Have a question?
If you have any questions around our health accreditation placements, contact the Faculty Health Placement team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Bachelor of Laws students must complete three 20-day professional experience placements during their degree.
These placements complement theoretical concepts with an understanding of how to apply law principles.
We invite host organisations to engage with us through this innovative placement program. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Swinburne require accreditation placements for students in a number Vocational Education programs such as: Early Childhood and Education, Allied Health, Mental Health, Community Services, Youth Work, Nursing and Individual Support.
If you’re looking to take on a TAFE accreditation placement student, please contact us for more information.