Have a short-term experience spending six weeks exploring Malaysia and studying at Swinburne Sarawak during the Winter Term.
Sarawak is part of the island of Borneo, a tropical getaway of rainforest, beaches and home to the endangered Bornean orang-utan. An abundance of affordable and delicious food is available, with an extremely low cost of living.
Enrol in one unit and attend weekday classes, fast-tracking your degree at home. On weekends, have the freedom to explore Borneo and surrounding South East Asian countries with fellow classmates.
Note: Your unit selection must be approved by your course coordinator. You may not be able to undertake units offered at Sarawak campus that are not offered at Hawthorn. All units completed at Swinburne Sarawak will be listed on your academic transcript with a numerical grade.
There is no upfront program cost. You will be enrolled in the applicable academic unit worth 12.5 credit points at Swinburne Hawthorn and charged the standard tuition fee. You will pay no fees to Swinburne Sarawak. However you will need to cover your own travel and living costs, including accommodation, daily expenses, airfares and any other additional travel costs.
- Swinburne Abroad often has Australian Government funding for study at Swinburne’s Sarawak campus. Scholarships will be updated and listed here when new opportunities/funding are available.
- OS HELP Loan of up to $8,295 (as at 2020)
Explore more funding opportunities and fee help options.
Units offered by Sarawak in the Winter Term 2020:
- INB20012 — Asia Pacific Business Perspectives
- MME30001 — Engineering Management 1
- MME40001 — Engineering Management 2
- ENG10003 — Mechanics of Structures
- CHE10005 — Consumer Chemistry
- PEH20005 — Communicable Disease Control
If students choose a unit that has an exam, exams will be held in Melbourne the week after the program has concluded (week of 3 August 2020, which is week 1 of Semester 2).
- 4 units = 50 CP
- 3 units = 37.5 CP
Learn more about credit equivalency.
Students are responsible for organising their own accommodation, but Swinburne Abroad can provide assistance and suggestions.