Social and emotional care support: Palliative care
|Duration||One hour (webinar) or half day (face-to-face)|
|Delivery mode||Face-to-face workshop or webinar|
Gain the skills to apply principles of a palliative care approach. Learn to support individuals with life-threatening or life-limiting illness, within the person’s advance care directives plan.
- Define and outline the principles of palliative care approaches
- Discuss the features and requirements of an advance care directives plan
- Identify and discuss the importance of knowing and understanding the wishes of a person with an advance care directives plan
- Outline palliative care roles and responsibilities of the community care worker
- Examine your own emotional responses and ethical issues
- Communicate the importance of respecting the person’s decisions and wishes
- Summarise approaches which can be used by community care workers when providing palliative care and support
This course is open to staff and volunteers of CHSP and/or HACC PYP providers in Victoria.
It's suitable for community care workers, direct care workers, and social support workers.
This course is suitable for all staff and volunteers wanting to build and/or refresh their understanding of palliative care.
What to bring
Please bring along a notebook and pen to take your own notes. In addition, we’ll supply you with a workbook.
Receive a Victorian Community Care Education and Training Service (VCCETS) Certificate of Attendance upon completion of this course.
The certificate complements any existing qualifications you have working in the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) and the Victorian Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP).
Statement of attainment
If you wish to be issued with a unit of competency statement of attainment, you will need to undertake further assessment. This assessment will cover both knowledge and skill components. You may be required to provide additional information about how you are applying your workshop training in the workplace.
For further details, please email email@example.com