Social and emotional care support: Autism spectrum disorder
|Duration||One hour (webinar) or half day (face-to-face)|
|Delivery mode||Face-to-face workshop or webinar|
Learn how to work with individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), with regard for their needs and within the context of support work.
- Define, outline and understand autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Outline legal and ethical requirements for working with individuals with ASD
- Identify key issues affecting individuals with ASD, their families and/or carers
- Identify how our personal values and attitudes may influence our communication styles and provision of care/support
- Discuss approaches to providing care and support to individuals with ASD, their families and/or carers
This course is open to staff and volunteers of CHSP and/or HACC PYP providers in Victoria.
It's suitable for community care workers, direct care workers, and social support workers.
This course is suitable for all staff and volunteers wanting to build and/or refresh their understanding of autism spectrum disorder.
What to bring
Please bring along a notebook and pen to take your own notes. In addition, we’ll supply you with a workbook.
Receive a Victorian Community Care Education and Training Service (VCCETS) Certificate of Attendance upon completion of this course.
The certificate complements any existing qualifications you have working in the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) and the Victorian Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP).
Statement of attainment
If you wish to be issued with a unit of competency statement of attainment, you will need to undertake further assessment. This assessment will cover both knowledge and skill components. You may be required to provide additional information about how you are applying your workshop training in the workplace.
For further details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Book this course
|Wednesday 10 April 2019||1pm – 2pm||Webinar||Register now|