Find out what you can borrow, loan periods and limits, renewals and fines.
|Books||2 weeks||30||Yes||$0.75 per day|
|Periodicals||2 weeks||10||Yes||$0.75 per day|
|Short term loans||2 - 7 days||30||Yes||$0.75 per day|
|Reserve||4 hours||4||No||$1.50 per hour|
|DVDs||2 weeks||10||Yes||$0.75 per day|
|Laptops and equipment||4 - 48 hours||1||No||$1.50 per hour|
How to borrow
- You must present your Swinburne ID card to borrow
- Students can borrow a maximum of 30 items
- Staff and higher degree research students are eligible for up to 28 day loans
- To borrow books, go to a self check-out machine or the library service desk
- Go to the service desk to borrow laptops, adaptive and other equipment.
How to renew
- Log in to My Account to renew your loans online
- Renew in person at any campus library or by phone during opening hours (+61 3 9214 8330)
- An item can be renewed any time before it is due back
- You cannot renew on hold items, four-hour loans or equipment
- You cannot renew an item if it is overdue or you have over $10 in fines.
How to return
- Return your items in the return chutes inside or outside the library
- For after-hours returns use the outside return chutes (excluding Wantirna)
- Return items via post to: Swinburne Library, PO Box 218, Hawthorn, Victoria, Australia 3122