Professor Takemi Sugiyama
Doctor of Philosophy, University of Sydney, Australia; Master of Architecture, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, United States; Bachelor of Engineering, Nagoya University, Japan
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Centre for Urban Transitions
- Hawthorn campus
Takemi Sugiyama’s research explores the nexus between design and health. With his interdisciplinary background in architecture, urban design and behavioural epidemiology, he currently works on the following topics: urban design attributes facilitating adults’ active living; health impact of active and sedentary transport; and office design factors related to workers’ movement and interactions.
Public and Environmental Health; Epidemiology
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Public Health And Health Services - 111700
- Urban And Regional Planning - 120500
- 2019, International, Highly Cited Researcher, Web of Science
- 2019, National, Australia’s top 40 researchers , The Australian
- 2017, International, Highly Cited Researcher, Web of Science
Also published as: Sugiyama, Takemi; Sugiyama, T.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display