This section contains information for students that is specific to students from the Faculty of Health, Arts and Design. Please refer to the Current students page for all other information.
Manage your course
Support while you study
IAJN IT, Computer Science and Software Internship Summer 2018
Swinburne are partnering with the International Alumni Job Network (IAJN) to offer IT, Computer Science and Software internships in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam in summer 2018. Vietnam is a growing hub for IT, housing a number of international organisations such as Microsoft and Intel.
IAJN will source an internship tailored to your major, career aspirations and skills. They provide support and assistance throughout the entire process, helping with visa applications, accommodation, in-country support, social and cultural activities and much more.
IAJN partner with major IT and tech companies such as:
- GrabCar – recently acquired Uber’s South East Asian operations
- Line – one of WeChat’s largest competitors
- PYCO Group – digital and software development group serving Fortune 500 companies such as Unilever, Microsoft and Volkswagen
- GetLinks – a tech hiring marketplace aiming to create Silicon Valley in Asia
Arrive in Vietnam with a weekend to settle in and explore your new city. You will then undertake an internship for 12 weeks, with a one week break in February for Tet (Vietnamese New Year). You will gain credit for 2 electives, through the Professional Internship Unit Extended.
Travel with other Swinburne students, live in shared apartments with other interns and spend your weekends exploring Vietnam’s beautiful destinations.
|Location||Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam|
|Dates||Commencing 22 November 2018|
|Duration||12 week internship + 1 week break for Tet (Vietnamese New Year)|
Undergraduate IT, Computer Science and Software Engineering students
Professional Internship Unit Extended – 25CP in place of two electives
|Cost||Estimated $5,825 AUD|
OS HELP Loan, Centrelink, Swinburne Abroad scholarships for eligible students
7 October 2018
What's included in the program
- Placement Fee
- 24/7 support and emergency assistance
- Accommodation (including utilities) for the duration
- Pick-up and drop-off from your apartment to your workplace on your first day
- Visa assistance (fee will be covered by applicant)
- Airport transfers (air flight costs are covered by the applicant)
- Pre-departure briefing
- Welcome and various cultural events
What's not included
- Visa application fees
- Day to day living expenses
- Any vaccinations recommended by your doctor
- Any other costs incurred that aren’t specifically mentioned as being included in the program
Find out more about the program at one of our upcoming info sessions. Register your attendance below.
|Monday 24 September||3.30pm – 4.30pm||EN204, EN Building||Register here|
|Wednesday 26 September||12.30pm – 1.30pm||EN406, EN Building||Register here|
|Thursday 27 September||10.30am – 11.30am||EN201, EN Building||Register here|
How to apply
Please register for the program, selecting IAJN as the internship provider, and Ho Chi Minh City as your location. Swinburne Abroad will assess your eligibility, and then instruct you on how to apply to IAJN if you are eligible.