Courses and study areas
Our diverse faculty offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Arts, Design, Education, Film and Television, Health Science, Media and Communications and Social Sciences. Our courses are industry-focused and are underpinned by Swinburne's 5 star overall rating for graduate satisfaction. The close links between our teaching and research provide our students with access to the latest advances in their disciplines.
An honours year is an additional full-time year of specialised academic study. It allows you to further enrich your degree by delving deeper into academic areas of interest.
- Culture, Nature and Civilisation
- Media (Journalism, Games, Writing, PR, Advertising, Cinema and Screen Studies)
- Social Science
- Communication Design
- Health Communication
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Biomedical Science
- Sport Science
- Honours information session - Friday 25 September 11.30am - 1.30pm | Learn more about why an Honours year can add a new dimension to the skills you've acquired.
Download the presentation slides from the 2014 Honours information session.
Applications for research degrees are accepted year-round for most research programs.
|Program||for Local Students||for International Students|
|Doctor of Design||Local||International|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Clinical Psychology)||Local||International|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Design)||Local||International|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences)||Local||International|
|Doctor of Psychology (Clinical and Forensic Psychology)||Local||International|
|Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology)||Local||International|
|Doctor of Psychology (Counselling Psychology)||Local||International|
|Master of Arts (Research)||Local||International|
|Master of Design (Research)||Local||International|
- Research degreesFind out about research degrees and programs, scholarships, finding a supervisor, applications and enrolment.
- Find a SupervisorYou need to locate a supervisor for your research project because research applications will not be considered unless you have an appropriate and willing supervisor.
- Contact usIf you have any questions concerning research Scholarships or research degrees at Swinburne.