Dr Michael Moran
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Centre for Social Impact Swinburne
- BA922E Hawthorn campus
Dr Michael Moran is a senior lecturer and discipline leader (learning and teaching) at Swinburne’s Centre for Social Impact. His current research focusses on social enterprise, social impact investment, impact measurement, and resourcing of the not for profit sector. As a public policy specialist, Dr Moran has particular expertise in comparative and international public policy, and also works closely with industry, government and the not for profit sector on the role of public policy in enabling and constraining social economy development.
His past industry experience includes working as a research analyst (corporate governance) for a leading sustainability and corporate social responsibility ratings agency and as well policy advocacy in the development NGO sector.
He received his PhD in Public Policy and Administration from the University of Melbourne. An edited version of his thesis was published by Routledge (Taylor & Francis) in 2014 (paperback 2017). Dr Moran is also a member of Editorial Advisory Board of Policy & Politics (ABDC A).
Public Policy; Policy and Administration; Governance; Social enterprise; Social impact; Philanthropy and social investment; International Public Policy
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate.
Fields of Research
- Policy And Administration - 160500
- Business And Management - 150300
- 2007, Select, Australian Post-Graduate Award, Commonwealth of Australia
Also published as: Moran, Michael; Moran, M.; Moran, Michael J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: Co-designing social enterprise legal models in Australia: a user-centered approach *; Centre for Social Impact Swinburne - Internal contributions
- 2017: Mapping and Analysis of Social Enterprises in Victoria 2017 *; Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport & Resources Fund Scheme
- 2017: Understanding opportunities for social impact investment in the development of affordable housing *; AHURI National Housing Research Program - Research Projects
- 2016: The opportunities, risks and possibilities of social impact investment for housing and homelessness *; AHURI Research Funding Scheme
- 2016: Understanding opportunities for social impact investment in the development of affordable housing *; AHURI Research Funding Scheme
- 2015: Social Enterprise Literature Review *; Dep of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport & Resources
- 2014: Understanding network qualities and workforce implications of collaborative governance *; Australia New Zealand School of Government
- 2013: The Philanthropy Education Project (Stage One) *; Museum for Australian Democracy at Eureka
- 2012: Corporate social investment in the Australian food and beverage sector: a preliminary review *; The Pratt Foundation
- 2011: The big issue classroom: an independent evaluation of effectiveness *; The Big Issue in Australia Ltd
- 2010: Desktop research review *; The Thomas Foundation
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display