Frequently asked questions

I’ve forgotten my password to My Profile, what do I do?

You can reset your password on the applicant login page.

How do I change/update my application?

Log in to Jobs at Swinburne and select My Profile. Here you can amend existing applications, attach new documents, or select ‘My details’ to edit your contact information.

You can also edit your personal details here and add documents to existing applications.

I’m having technical problems, what do I do?

If you are experiencing technical difficulties submitting your application, please contact the Recruitment team via email at

I have a disability, can I apply?

Yes. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases team effectiveness and our capacity for innovation, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.

We have measures in place to ensure we accommodate candidates with a disability and that they are considered on the basis of merit and the ability to perform the inherent requirements of the position. Swinburne is happy to make reasonable adjustments to enable staff to perform the key position responsibilities.

For further details, please email our Diversity Consultant Dr Walter Robles at

I am an employment consultant with a Jobactive program: how do I refer a candidate?

We welcome and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds. For your client’s application to be considered, they’ll need to personally submit a formal application via the Jobs at Swinburne website and confirm their personal and other application details.

Please note, we do not accept unsolicited applications from third parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited resumes sent directly to line managers or other staff.

How do I register for casual employment as a tutor with Swinburne?

If you are interested in casual employment as a tutor, you will need to contact the applicable discipline leader for further details.

How often are vacancies listed?

All new vacancies are listed and advertised as they are created. We recommend registering for a job alert and checking our list on a regular basis. 

Can I contact a line manager directly to express my interest if there are no positions advertised?

Yes. You may wish to contact a line manager to learn more about potential or current opportunities within their area. However, to be considered for current opportunities, you need to lodge an application via the Jobs at Swinburne page. 

We accept Expressions of Interest from candidates who identify as Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander. For further information, please contact our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Officer at

Do I need a Working with Children Check?

Yes. Swinburne University of Technology is a Child Safe Organisation and as part of this commitment, we require all employees to have a current Working with Children’s Check upon commencement.

Do I need to do a police check?

Some of our positions require a police check to be conducted prior to or upon commencement. If you are required to possess a suitable police check, this will be detailed in the position description. 

Does Swinburne accept overseas applicants?

Yes, however offers of employment to overseas applicants are subject to approval from the Department of Home Affairs for permanent residency or an appropriate temporary work visa to cover the period of employment. For certain positions, it may be an occupation requirement that the applicant hold permanent residence or citizenship.

Overseas applicants for most academic positions, and overseas applicants for a limited selection of non-Academic positions, may be eligible for employer sponsored migration.

Do you provide relocation assistance?

Yes. Swinburne welcomes applications from outside the Melbourne area, and may reimburse travel and relocation expenses incurred in the interview and on-boarding process, on a case by case basis. If you would like to enquire about relocation support, please contact the person listed on the job advertisement.

How can I obtain salary details if they aren’t listed in an advertisement?

The level of HEW or Academic position will stipulate the salary range of a particular role. If the salary range of a role is not listed in an advert, please contact the hiring manager or recruitment consultant listed in the advert who will be able to provide further details.

We recommend speaking with the contact person listed on the job advertisement prior to applying if you wish to discuss salary expectations that fall beyond the salary range listed for that position level.