Contractors and suppliers working at Swinburne must be aware of our occupational health and safety (OHS) policies and procedures. All contractors working on Swinburne sites must:
- report to the Facilities and Services office (or Security if after hours) to obtain a contractor's pass before starting any work
- undertake an induction program prior to commencing work
- wear their contractor's pass clearly displayed while working on site
- return temporary or visitor's passes at the end of each work day
- have systems and procedures in place to protect their own staff
- be appropriately licensed and have the relevant competencies to undertake the activities for which they have been engaged
- ensure plant and equipment brought on site is licensed, registered and maintained
- undertake and document risk assessments or job safety analyses (JSAs) as required.
Contractors and suppliers must renew their induction every 12 months or at any time on request by security personnel.
Who has to do the induction?
The following people must complete the online induction program before starting any work:
- any contractor, supplier or individual conducting works at Swinburne
- any contractor or supplier who is responsible for supervising employees or subcontractors carrying out works at Swinburne.
Your online induction
Follow the steps below to complete your contractor induction.
- Read and study the OHS polices and procedures
- Contact the Facilities and Services Group (+61 3 9214 8999) for your induction login details
- Complete the online induction via the link below. You will be asked to test your knowledge with a set of 12 questions. 10 must be answered correctly.
- After your submit your details an email will be sent to you for your records
- Contact us once you've completed the induction.
After you complete your induction, this booklet can be used as a handy reference.
If you're working at a Swinburne event, you also need to complete our event induction.
Where to report
Facilities and Services Group offices are located on each Swinburne campus:
Policies and procedures
Contractors and Swinburne staff supervising contractors need to be aware of our occupational health and safety policies, procedures and guidelines.