Access Scholarship for First Year Undergraduates (who have relocated from rural and regional areas)
All Access Scholarships are partly funded by the Federal Department of Education’s Higher Education Participation Programme (HEPPP). HEPPP aims to ensure that Australians from low SES backgrounds who have the ability to study at university get the opportunity to do so. Students offered an Access Scholarship for First Year Undergraduates may undertake any undergraduate degree course at Swinburne.
Any undergraduate degree at Swinburne.
Eligibility / selection criteria
- be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- be a commencing student studying full-time in an undergraduate degree at Swinburne in Semester 1, 2020
- have relocated from a rural or regional area in order to study
- demonstrate financial hardship
- demonstrate personal hardship
* Refer to Rural and Regional Calculator. Click on the 'Start now' button at the link provided. Choose 'Search a Location' or 'Search the Map'. Provide your address and select Australian Statistical Geographic Standard Remoteness Areas classification option to determine your geographic classification.
Please note: Previous recipients of any type of Swinburne University ACCESS (Equity) Scholarship are not eligible to apply for any other Swinburne University ACCESS (Equity) Scholarship.
This scholarship is valued at $5,000 to assist with study costs including relocation costs
How to apply
Applicants should complete the VTAC Scholarship Application Form which is available through their VTAC user account. All applicants who receive an offer from Swinburne and have completed the VTAC Scholarship Application Form will automatically be assessed for this scholarship and notified after Round 1 offers.
To be considered, students must preference and be offered any Swinburne higher education course.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships and Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services