John Monash Scholarship 2023
The John Monash Scholarships are awarded annually to outstanding Australian graduates to support them with postgraduate study at the world’s best universities. The Scholarships are not limited by age, gender, academic field of study or choice of university, with successful applicants having demonstrated excellence in their field, leadership potential and a vision for how they can contribute to a better Australia. The John Monash Scholarships are proudly supported by the Australian Government, private sector organisations, universities and individuals.
Any undergraduate course at Swinburne University.
Eligibility / selection criteria
- Be an Australian citizen
- Have completed (or nearly completed) a degree with an Australian university
- Be planning to undertake postgraduate study overseas commencing in the calendar year following the year of application (it is not necessary to have already been accepted to the institution at the time of applying)
Applicants who have been successful in securing a Rhodes, Fulbright or Ramsay scholarship are not eligible for a John Monash Scholarship.
In awarding John Monash Scholarships, factors considered include:
- Excellence - may be evidenced through a degree obtained with outstanding results. It can also be demonstrated through prizes, awards, publications, performances, exhibitions, enterprises and excellence in professional endeavours.
- Leadership - applicants should demonstrate leadership experience or potential. This can come from their studies, professional environments and/or the community.
- Citizenship - a clearly identified career pathway that evidences applicant’s ability to contribute to Australia and a clear career trajectory that demonstrates the benefit to society. This includes a well-developed case for choosing a university relevant to the proposed area of study.
3 references are required. Referees should be senior people who can speak to the applicant’s leadership capabilities, whether they be academic, professional or personal.
A stipend of AU$75,000 per year for each year of study (up to a maximum of 3 years)
10 - 20 scholarships are available.
The following world class universities offer partial or full fee waivers to John Monash Scholars, for certain degree types: King’s College London (UK), Cranfield University (UK), IE University Madrid (Spain) and The University of Groningen (The Netherlands).
How to apply
1 May 2023
14 July 2023
Visit the John Monash Foundation website for further details.
Please email the John Monash Foundation.