George Alexander Foundation Scholarships
These scholarships have been made available by The George Alexander Foundation. The Foundation was established in 1972 by George Alexander AM to provide grants for public charitable purposes in Australia. Reflecting the founder’s special interests, the scholarships offer talented students access and opportunity to fulfil their potential. The scholarships are an important investment in the future of individual young Australians and their ongoing contribution to the broader community.
Any on-campus undergraduate degree at Swinburne.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen or a Australian permanent resident.
- be a commencing student studying full-time in an undergraduate degree at Swinburne in Semester 1, 2019.
- provide proof of achieved ATAR of 80.00.
- demonstrate need to reside away from home in order to undertake study
- provide a Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- provide a personal statement (750-1000 words) addressing the following criteria:
- Your academic standing
- The level and quality of community participation undertaken by you (including volunteering, work history, sporting and other community activities undertaken in/outside of school) that provides evidence of leadership potential
- The reasons for selecting the particular program of study in which you are enrolled and your long term goals as a result of this study
- provide a three-year plan outlining how you will develop your skills and work over the duration of their scholarship funding. Download the three-year plan template here.
- provide two referee reports outlining suitability for a scholaship (please include the title/position of your referees).
- one academic reference – from a person qualified to comment on your academic studies, preferably a subject coordinator from your secondary school and/or your school principal.
- one character reference – from a current or past employer or a person competent to supply a character reference (for example, a person with whom you have undertaken community service, sporting or volunteer activities.
Applicants who do not submit one academic and one character reference will be deemed ineligible and references from the same people are not acceptable.
Seven scholarships are available. Each scholarship is valued at $8000 per year, for a period of three years. The total value of the scholarship is $24,000.
How to apply
Applicants must complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by Friday, 31 January 2020.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services