Indigenous VET Digital Scholarship
To provide a once off payment for Indigenous VET students who are experiencing financial hardship preventing them from having access to sufficient IT hardware (eg laptop/desktop) and or contribute to connectivity costs in order to undertake the online requirements of course delivery.
Any Vocational Education (Certificate IV and below, Diploma (including UniLink) and Advanced Diploma) courses offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Indigenous JobTrainer students are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the VET Digital Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen
- identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing or continuing Swinburne student in Semester 2, 2021
- enrolled in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Have experienced financial hardship, which may have hindered access to education
- Submit a personal statement (300 words) addressing the above (#3)
The scholarship is valued at $1000 (One-off payment).
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.