The Yeap Scholarship
The Yeap Scholarship aims for recipients to develop a deeper understanding, engagement and appreciation of Asian cultures and opportunities. To achieve this, the scholarship offers students the opportunity to participate in a semester exchange to study at Swinburne's Sarawak campus, followed by a 4 to 12 week internship at a business based in Malaysia.
This opportunity will allow scholarship recipients to immerse themselves in the flavours and culture of Kuching, as well as the opportunity to live and socialise with local students whilst completing course subjects. Internships will be determined on a case-by-case basis for individual students.
Open to all Faculties and schools.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- must be able to go on a semester exchange to Sarawak.
- be an Australian citizen.
- be a current second or third year student enrolled full-time in an undergraduate Swinburne Degree.
- must have completed 100 credit points towards current undergraduate Swinburne Degree (can include up to 50 credit points for prior learning recognised by Swinburne).
- provide evidence extra-curricular service to community. Community service could include:
- local government sponsored voluntary activity
- work for a recognised charitable organisation
- service with youth community organisations such as Scouts, Girl Guides, etc.
- service through community sponsored sporting activities
- achieve outstanding academic results.
- Submit a personal statement addressing:
- excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- leadership attributes
- Interest in the Asian region
This scholarship is valued at $10,000.
How to apply
Applications are currently closed. Please check back for any updates.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships and Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services