Nancy Gullo Scholarship
This scholarship is established to support students to complete their education and lift some of the financial burden associated with studying.
Any Pathways and Vocational Education (PAVE) or Higher Education (HED) courses offered by Swinburne University of Technology. Online students are eligible to apply.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Nancy Gullo Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing or continuing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2021
- enrolled full-time or part-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing the following points:
- passion for the chosen field of study
- how this scholarship would make a difference in your life
- Provide evidence of financial or personal disadvantage. Disadvantage(s) may include:
- financial difficulty or low-socio economic status (Centrelink statement, payslips. Bank statements can be used if an explanation is provided in a personal statement)
- disability or medical condition
- delay or interruption to career or studies because of family responsibilities or illness
- relocation from a rural or regional area in order to undertake tertiary study
- English as a second language
- identification as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- First in family to attend university
- Provide two referee reports outlining your suitability for the scholarship:
- an academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc.
- a character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer.
This scholarship is valued at $5,000 per year, for up to three years.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 14 March 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services