The Peter Luscombe Award
This award is named in memory of Peter Luscombe, an innovator and risk taker whose drive, creativity, resourcefulness, and inventive nature led him to serve as Head of Engineering Fabrication at Creature Technology Company, based in Melbourne.
Peter’s ingenuity and relentless drive ensured that within 12 months a complete set of hyper-realistic, life-size, walking, roaring, ‘living' dinosaurs were ready for Walking with Dinosaurs – The Arena Spectacular. Creature Technology Company (CTC) has established this Award to acknowledge the immense contribution Peter made to the CTC family.
Higher Education degrees (Bachelors, Masters, Research Higher Degrees)
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- at the time of application, be enrolled in a Higher Education degree (Bachelors, Masters, Higher Degree by Research on any campus (including Hawthorn, Croydon, Wantirna, Melbourne (CBD), NICA). The recipient may be a student or a graduate at the time the project or travel is undertaken.
- provide evidence of Credit average (undergraduate/postgraduate) or satisfactory progress (Higher Degrees by Research) in your current course of study.
- submit a personal statement of 500 words demonstrating the following:
- evidence of passion for mechatronics, or engineering, or product design, or puppetry, or other creative pursuits (making, inventing, creating);
- interest in a career in the entertainment or creative industries; and
- clear plan for the use of the Award funds (examples include but are not limited to):
- travel itinerary: include the people and places you will meet with; include confirmation of meeting or evidence of a request to meet;
- a product, device, design or object that you will be able to produce or realise with the Award; and
- any other pursuit or concept or activity that progresses your experiences and the next steps in your career that aligns with the creative and entertainment industries and the personal qualities of Peter Luscombe, “creativity, inventiveness, ingenuity, drive, and resourcefulness”.
This scholarship is valued at $5,000. Recipients will be required to present outcomes from the activity to the donor(s) in person and in writing following on from the activities outlined in the successful recipient's application.
How to apply
Applications will re-open in August 2019.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services