Women in Vocational Education ICT Scholarship
Swinburne University encourages women to pursue a career in Information Communication Technology (ICT). The scholarships aim to support female students to undertake vocational education studies within ICT at Swinburne University of Technology. Scholarship recipients will be supported with work integrated learning opportunities.
Certificate IV in Information Technology
Certificate IV in Computer Systems Technology
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen; New Zealand citizen; Australian Permanent Resident; Australian Permanent Resident with Humanitarian Visa
- be a female student
- provide evidence of financial hardship (documents such as bank statement, salary slips, centrelink statement)
- be a commencing student studying full-time in an eligible course at Swinburne in Semester 1, 2020.
- provide two referee reports outlining your suitability for the scholarship (these reports cannot be written by someone related to you).
- an academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc.
- a character reference - a character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer.
- provide a personal statement of no more than 200 words outlining the reason for selecting to study ICT, and future goals as a result of this study.
Full fee waiver for the normal duration of the course.
How to apply
Applicants must complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by Sunday 15 March 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services