Women in Vocational Education ICT Scholarships
Swinburne University encourages women to pursue a career in Information Communication Technology (ICT). The scholarships aim to support female students to undertake vocational education studies within ICT at Swinburne University of Technology. Scholarship recipients will be supported with work integrated learning opportunities.
Certificate IV in Information Technology
Certificate IV in Computer Systems Technology
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen; New Zealand citizen; Australian Permanent Resident; Australian Permanent Resident with Humanitarian Visa
- be a female student
- provide evidence of financial needs (documents such as bank statement, salary slips, centrelink statement)
- be a commencing student studying full-time in an eligible course at Swinburne in Semester 1, 2019.
- provide two referee reports outlining the applicant’s suitability for the scholarship (these reports cannot be written by someone related to you).
- an academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, preferably a subject coordinator from the applicant’s secondary school and/or a school principal or a Swinburne teaching staff member.
- character reference - from a current or past employer (no older than one (1) year) or a person competent to supply a character reference.
- provide a written statement of no more than 200 words outlining the reason for selecting to study ICT, and future goals as a result of this study.
Full fee waiver for the normal duration of the course.
How to apply
Applications will re-open in August 2019.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services