Student emergency hardship grants
This grant can help you if you face an unexpected event that causes you significant financial hardship.
You can only apply for this grant if you or your family have a low income (for example, you or your family receive Centrelink benefits).
This is a one-off grant, meaning you can only receive it once while you are studying at Swinburne. This grant is funded by the Australian Government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at undergraduate degree, associate degree or Unilink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria::
- a local student (an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder/New Zealand citizen);
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree, associate degree or UniLink level course at Swinburne;
- enrolled full-time ( exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered in), and actively studying;
- demonstrate that you are from a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your family are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payments);
- experiencing an unexpected event that is causing you significant financial hardship.
Previous recipients of this grant are ineligible to apply for it again.
If you are a Swinburne Online or Open Universities Australia student, you can apply if you are on a Commonwealth Supported Place and meet the above criteria.
Up to $1,000.
How to apply
Applications are now closed and will reopen in March 2020.