Australia-Israel PhD Research Scholarship
Each candidate will receive:
• A full tuition fee scholarship for 4 years
• A stipend of $30,000 p.a. for 3 years
• Funding towards international air fare travel to Tel Aviv University to complete part of candidature
The 'Australia-Israel PhD Research Scholarship' program aims at strengthening relations between Australia and Israel, by fostering innovation and academic exchange. The scheme will support a total of two Partnered PhD candidates starting their PhD in 2017.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To become and remain eligible for the Australia-Israel PhD research scholarship, a prospective candidate must:
• Have completed at least four years (or equivalent) of tertiary education studies in computer science, computer engineering or related discipline at a high level of achievement (75% or higher).
• Have good understanding of data management; some knowledge of statistics is preferred.
• Fulfill the PhD candidature entry requirements of both Swinburne University of Technology and Tel Aviv University including language proficiency.
• Not have previously held a postgraduate research scholarship from Swinburne University of Technology
Successful applicants will be required to:
• Enroll as a full time student in the PhD program of Swinburne University of Technology
• Spend 12 months at Tel Aviv University under joint supervision of Tel Aviv University and Swinburne University of Technology academics
A stipend of $30,000 p.a. for 3 years.
How to apply
To express interest for these positions, please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org –
• An current CV
• Transcripts of all previous qualifications (BSc, MSc, etc)
• A research proposal on one of the above projects, up to 5 A4 pages, describing the research questions and general methodology in addressing them. You can view the above areas as general areas of research and you can suggest specific research topics that you find interesting.