The CFO Solution Scholarship
The CFO Solution Scholarship has been established to support a student who has experienced significant barriers to accessing tertiary education. The scholarship will support a student to achieve their full academic potential by reducing the need to work outside of study, and enable them to continue their commitment to the community and build their leadership skills.
Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Undergraduate degree at Swinburne University.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- be enrolled in full-time studies in a Diploma or Advanced Diploma course of study at Swinburne; or
- be enrolled full-time on campus or through Swinburne Online in an undergraduate degree at Swinburne, and have completed at least 8 units in their degree with no more than 4 exemptions. Applicants must also achieve a minimum of credit average in the units that they have completed.
- provide evidence of financial hardship (documents such as a bank statement, salary slip, Centrelink statement, and/or personal statement)
- demonstrate leadership and/or recent/current community involvement in the last 2 years in a personal statement of no more than 500 words.
- provide two referee reports (written in the last 2 years):
- Academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, preferably a subject coordinator from the applicant’s secondary school and/or a school principal; and
- Character reference - from a current or past employer (no older than 1 year) or a person competent to supply a character reference. This statement cannot be written by someone related to the applicant.
- not be in receipt of any other donor-funded scholarship
$7,500 per year up to a maximum period of 3 years
How to apply
Applications will re-open Monday, 1 October 2018.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services