Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
The Westpac Young Technologists Scholarships are offered to exceptional scholars who want a diverse and exciting career working at the cutting edge of technological innovation. The scholarships aim to address the current lack of gender balance and diversity in technology graduates. Awarded on merit, the scholarships will help broaden the base of students with the ambition to forge a career in technology.
Click here for more information about this scholarship.
- Bachelor of Business Information Systems
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Professional)
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology
Applicants may enrol in a double degree that includes one of the above degrees.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident
- be aged 26 years or below at 1 January in the year of commencing studies
- have achieved a minimum ATAR of 80.00, or if a direct applicant, be able to demonstrate an equivalent academic record
- be made an offer and enrolled full-time in their first year in an eligible undergraduate degree at Swinburne.
- provide a brief cover letter and resume
- provide a copy of ATAR certificate or academic records
- provide a personal statement of 500 words or less of how the scholarship will assist studies and career goals.
- provide two referee reports (written in the last 2 years) to support their application:
- an academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on their academic studies, preferably a subject coordinator from your secondary school and/or your school principal.
- a character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference (for example, a current or past employer) outlining their suitability for the scholarship. This statement cannot be written by someone related to you.
The scholarship is valued at $5000 per year for the normal duration of the degree up to a maximum of five years.
How to apply
Scholarships & Prizes, Student Administration