Piers Fowler Leadership Prize
Piers Fowler was an integral part of general and commercial aviation in Australia for over 20 years. Piers combined his love of both aviation and teaching and displayed skill and commitment in all areas of his endeavours. He was a colleague and friend to many at Swinburne. Therefore we are honoured that Piers’ family, through the Piers Fowler Trust, are considering the establishment of a range of initiatives to recognise Piers’ contribution to aviation and his time at Swinburne, first as a student and then a teacher, to continue what he liked to do most – share the skills and learning of aviation with other pilots.
The Piers Fowler Leadership Prize is to recognise Piers’ compassionate and charitable attributes, volunteering his time supporting young aviation aspirations through the Swinburne student engagement program as a mentor. This prize is to be used to assist with the cost of textbooks associated with studying for an undergraduate degree course in Aviation offered by Swinburne.
single or double undergraduate degree in Aviation and Aviation (Management)
Eligibility / selection criteria
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or a holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a current second year student studying full-time in the single or double undergraduate degree in Aviation and Aviation (Management)
- achieve a high average in their first year of study.
Prize recipients will receive:
- A $100 book voucher from Swinburne bookshop
- A subsidy of $150 to the Aviation Dinner which coincides with the annual Aviation Conference Series organised by Swinburne.
How to apply
No application is required for this Prize. Prize recipients will be selected after results release at the end of the year each year in accordance with the eligibility and selection criteria contained in these guidelines.
Scholarships and Prizes, Student Administration