How to apply for a single unit as a new student at Swinburne
New to Swinburne?
Single units are a great way to learn new skills or give study a try without enrolling in a full course. If you decide later to study a full Swinburne course, you may receive credit for single units you’ve already completed.
How to apply?
Applications for single unit study must be submitted four weeks prior to the commencement of the semester/study period in which the unit is being taught.
- Search below and find the unit you want to study.
- Note any prerequisites for the unit – you will need to provide certified evidence that you’ve completed these.
To apply for postgraduate units, you’ll need to provide a certified copy of an applicable undergraduate degree or a current resume showing at least five years of applicable work experience.
- You need the following supporting documents for your application:
- Proof of Identification in the form of
- Australian Citizens: certified copy of passport, birth certificate or certificate of citizenship
- Australian Permanent Residents: certified copy of passport/visa
- New Zealand Citizens: certified copy of passport
- International Students: certified copy of passport/visa
- Evidence of any completed prerequisites, academic awards, your resume or portfolio
- For international applicants, evidence of English language proficiency, i.e., certified copy of IELTS or TOEFL test results certificate
- Academic and professional referee reports
- A completed Sponsorship Agreement Form if you’re being sponsored to study
You can check which units are available in the summer and winter terms, as well as other study periods across the academic year.
You can search for units by name or code.
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ button on the right hand column of the page.
- Register and pick the unit you want to study, then apply.
Need to sign up a group?
Once you’ve applied
We’ll contact you to let you know if your application is successful. We’ll assign available single unit places after all Swinburne award program students have enrolled.
We may make you an offer as late as the first week of class, depending on our enrolment quotas.
You are responsible for the payment of tuition fees to Swinburne. All single units of study are full fee-paying units and are not eligible for FEE-HELP.
If your employer is paying your fees, they can contact us at email@example.com for details about how we can invoice you.
Find further information about paying your fees.