Honours is an extra year of study you can take after your undergraduate degree, which can improve your employment prospects.
Complete a research project to expand your knowledge in an area that interests you, get access to Swinburne's researchers and facilities, and take a step towards postgraduate study.
- Bachelor of Aviation (Honours)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Honours)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) – Graduate Entry
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
You can also undertake an honours year as part of an Integrated Phd Program in selected discipline areas. The program includes a Bachelor of Research (Honours) year, Master of Research and Doctor of Philosophy.
Benefits of an honours year
By completing an honours year you will gain:
- invaluable exposure to the research process
- specialised technical and independent research skills
- significant professional skills including project management, time management, negotiation, communication and analytical problem-solving
- extensive knowledge in your chosen area of interest
- exposure to cutting-edge developments in your field
- the knowledge and skills to progress to a higher degree such as a master or PhD.