- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours Face to Face + Blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2022 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 1|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This cross-disciplinary, team-taught unit introduces the core themes and breadth of the new major, Power in the Digital Age. It presents a range of critical perspectives on the question of power drawn from a range of scholarly approaches.
Unit Learning Outcomes: Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Review the structures, dynamics and relationships of power in society, politics and international relations.
2. Apply theoretical models to the analysis of power.
3. Critically evaluate different perspectives on practical issues and problems.
4. Perform logical analysis and develop well-informed arguments.