- One Semester or equivalent
- 38 hours Face to Face + Blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Aims and objectives
This unit of study aims to provide you with an introduction to and application of surveying theory and fieldwork techniques, including data analysis.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Use an automatic level (K1, K3, S1)
2. Use a Total Station to undertake a traverse (K1, K3, S1)
3. Quantify a distance to an accuracy of 1:6000 or better (K1, K2, K3)
4. Quantify an angle/Bearing to an accuracy of 10” of arc or better (K1, K2, K3)
5. Quantify and analyse digital data and map it using GIS software (K1, K2, K3
6. Generate high quality documentation and plans as part of a team (A2, A7)
Swinburne Engineering Competencies (A1-7, K1-6, S1-4): find out more about Engineering Skills and Competencies including the Engineers Australia Stage 1 Competencies.