- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours OUA/Hawthorn Online: Fully online unit
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2022 teaching periods
HOL Study Period 3
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
After successfully completing this unit, you will be able to:
1. Choose a suitable sampling frame for a study.
2. Compare the basic probability sampling methods including, simple random sampling, systematic sampling, stratified sampling and cluster sampling.
3. Estimate population parameters from complex samples using appropriate software.
4. Evaluate the effect of small populations in the calculation of confidence intervals.
5. Estimate sample sizes for complex designs.
6. Appraise the effects of non-response bias.
7. Construct population weightings for sampled data.
Courses with unit
GD-APPS / GD-APPS (OUA) – Graduate Diploma of Applied Statistics
MA-APPS / MA-APPS (OUA) – Master of Applied Statistics