- One semester or equivalent
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2022 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 1|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Admission into MA-DESG Master of Design
GC-DESG Graduate Certificate of Design
Aims and objectives
This unit contains a suite of possible design studios that address the fundamentals of 2D or 3D or interactive and motion-based design. A key aim of the unit is to generate critical understanding of particular design disciplines, their social context and key modes of production. Participation in this unit enables a student to enhance their skills or to learn new ones in a discipline they may only have limited experience in. Students will be involved in independent or group-based study, thorough investigation of the design discipline on offer, and shall create design responses to projects of a professional quality.
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Design a project with established outcomes by utilising relevant digital technologies 2.
2. Create a practical and iterative design methodology and process for executing design projects.
3. Distinguish the relative strengths of different design tools within design projects
4. Synthesise multiple design possibilities into a single proposition that provides value to specific users
5. Explain the investigative process and outcomes through concise, coherent and well-structured documentation, design outcomes and presentations