- One semester
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Aims and objectives
This unit of study aims to cover the skills and knowledge required to design and commission a robotic engineering system and optimise the system using digital twin. The student will learn to plan, install, operate, program and test an engineering system and validate the system using digital twin.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply appropriate robotic mechanics principles to design an Engineering System.
2. Develop an entrepreneurial mindset and skill set to bring products to market.
3. Evaluate the social impact of a human-robot collaborative interface.
4. Design and safely commission a robotic system using appropriate modelling and analytical approaches in a collaborative manner.
5. Optimise an Engineering System using a digital twin as a group.