- One Semester or equivalent
- 48 Hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Anti-requisite (Similar in content):
Aims and objectives
This unit builds on knowledge and skills gained in DET60005 Research and Evidence-Based Practice A to design and plan a research or evaluation study to address practice-based research and evaluation challenges. Students will work in collaboration with other students and academic mentors to design and plan a pragmatic research and evaluation project. Projects will be designed to be feasible within available time and resources, including consideration and preparation of ethics approvals, data collection and management plans. Students will get practical experience and demonstrate competence in appropriate quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
- Apply the principles of ethical research design, planning and management to an authentic practice-based research and evaluation challenges.
- Justify the selection of feasible study designs and methods to address practice-based research and evaluation questions appropriate to context.
- Select and apply appropriate analysis techniques for quantitative and qualitative data.
- Demonstrate research collaboration skills