- 1 Semester
- 60 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Prerequisites200 credit points of study
Aims and objectives
From 2017 this unit will be coded as NPS30003
(Formerly ICT30004 and HET305)
This unit of study aims to develop within the student an understanding of the scientific research method, practical research skills, and practical design and development skills in a research environment, through an individual research project.
After successfully completing this unit, you should be able to:
- Describe and apply the scientific research method within a research project context
- Select and apply appropriate practical research skills to execute research project
- Communicate research outcomes to a technical audience at a professional standard
- Demonstrate practical design and development skills in a research environment
- Identifies and adopts safe working practises relevant to research project