- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Aims and objectives
To develop the skills necessary to undertake a research project. To assist the student in identifying appropriate research topics and methodologies.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
2. Identify appropriate research topics and methodologies
3. Perform basic data management tasks and analyses using a computer
4. Apply tools of research preparation including problem formulation, undertaking a literature review, research designs, developing a hypothesis, ethical implications, time management, and assessing resourcing implications
5. Articulate the contributions of qualitative and quantitative methods to a specific discipline such as environmental health research
6. Complete initial critical appraisals of academic literature
7. Draft an academic paper appropriately structured for publication