- One semester or equivalent
- 36 hours (3 hours per week)
50 credit points at postgraduate level in FBL owned units
Aims and objectives
This unit will be offered for the final time in 2018
This unit will study the next great energy transition to learn of its causes, challenges and opportunities. The unit will operate as a case study for undertaking defensible futures research in an area of high impact and high uncertainty and it will make recommendations to a decision-maker of the student’s choosing.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of historical processes that have led to modern civilisation
2. Critically analyse and synthesise multiple sources to find convergent and divergent themes.
3. Apply problem solving, design and decision making methodologies to generate options, evaluate opportunities, assess consequences and give recommendations.