Prior to 2020 Unit was called - Sustainable Organisational Design
This unit explores the nature of organisations and their interactions and co-evolution with complex contemporary environments. Representative themes include the exploration of the structural dimensions of organisations; how organisational design accommodates a stakeholder approach; and the need for organisational design to respond to emergent local and global agendas. The implications of organisational design and governance for culture, ethical values, learning, performance, collaboration, decision making and leadership will also be considered.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Consolidate and extend disciplinary knowledge relating to organisational theory and organisational governance
2. Undertake and evaluate research on the responsiveness of organisational design
3. Critique and apply techniques for increasing stakeholder engagement in product and service design and delivery
4. Evaluate the implications of collaborative decision making approaches for organisational design, governance, innovation and effectiveness
5. Develop and demonstrate capabilities for social capital building by engaging collaboratively in group work