- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Aims and objectives
Please note that this unit is restricted to students enrolled in the BA-IT1 and BA-BABIT Scholarship courses.
This unit enables students to apply the theory and skills of organisation behaviour and to transfer that learning into an Information Technology environment. Students will develop a perspective which demonstrates the place of Information Technology in the total organisation and will appreciate the changing nature of work in an increasingly global context. A key aim for students is to establish an understanding of themselves, their impact on others and the way others influence their behaviour, and to allow students to experience the satisfactions and difficulties inherent in working in groups.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Understand the theory of organisational behaviour and how it relates to the IT industry
2. Understand individual characteristics, their impact on others and the way other people influence our behaviour
3. Experience and explain the dynamics of working in groups
4. Analyse and provide solutions for people/technology problems