- One semester or equivalentThis unit will be delivered on-line in Semester 2 2020.
2020 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
200 credit points in BH-DESIND1 Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design) (Honours) or BA-DESIND2 or BA-DESIND3
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to explore the development, marketing and financing of new products, systems and services through the use of new media to create business opportunities. The unit will develop an understanding of users through the creation of a self-directed brief. Product opportunities will be explored and online resources integrated into a business case proposal.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Analyse market needs and gaps in order to develop targeted and unique products
2. Identify online opportunities and how these can be integrated and applied in product development
3. Identify free enterprise, product development, and the finance and marketing needed to launch products
4. Critically evaluate product possibilities and refine concepts on the basis of commercial viability
5. Create a self-directed brief
6. Create a business case proposal