- One Semester or equivalent
- 60 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2022 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This unit will be offered from 2018 and will replace MTH20008.
This unit of study aims to provide students with mathematical knowledge and skills needed to support their concurrent and subsequent engineering and science studies.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply Vector Calculus to analyse and model processes that arise in scientific and engineering applications (K2, S1).
2. Apply Green’s theorem, Ostrogradsky-Gauss’ divergence theorem and Stokes’ theorem (K2, S1).
3. Apply Fourier series to analyse the spectral content of harmonic processes (K2, S1).
4. Apply Laplace transforms to analyse and solve differential equations (K2, S1).