- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours
2020 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 3|
Last self enrolment:
150 Credit Points
Aims and objectives
From 2020 Students undertaking the Marketing Major will do MKT30018 . MKT30015 will be offered via SOL only
This unit examines the information and decision making in which organisations most commonly engage in to develop effective marketing. The content reflects key information areas that companies invest most of their market research budget.
It also imparts understanding and practical experience in critical aspects of research information and decision making in contemporary business contexts. Trends in marketing research, internal company market information strategies and information challenges posed by international and emerging markets are explored.
The use and interpretation of data generated from popular areas of contemporary market research and other research activities that support marketing and communication functions are covered.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Demonstrate how marketing and communication managers can effectively manage research decision making, research stakeholder relationships and the research process to ensure best outcomes
2. Identify and describe the information managers require in order to effectively fulfil marketing and communication functions
3. Evaluate the techniques used and the questions asked to generate the most commonly used marketing and communication information
4. Interpret the information generated for practical marketing and communication decision making and develop appropriate strategies and mixes